NEW YEAR, NEW BEGINNINGS

Hey, hey, hey! As we're at the end of 2014 I've already started to reflect on this past year - and what a year it has been. Between moving house three times, summering it up in Ibiza as well as a few festivals, dropping a few dress sizes and securing a new job I can safely say 2014 has been my year so here's a few highlights that I thought I'd share.

Firstly, what a whirlwind this year has been for my career! As some of you may know after graduating from Huddersfield University where I studied Fashion Communication & Promotion with by babe Megan Ellaby, I joined Lavish Alice as the Senior Fashion Assistant managing social media,  PR, blog content and blogger outreach along with assisting Label PR's SEO in various projects and tasks. From this I really started to enjoy SEO and blogger outreach as it's a lot more than simply gifting a blogger to wear a brand, it's all about site authority and Google rankings. I'll be doing more posts regarding SEO so keep your eyes out.


In July this year I was asked to take over managing Lavish Alice's Affiliate Network - for those of you who don't know much about this it's basically publishers gaining commission for directing traffic to a website, but I'll go into detail about this another time. In November this year Label PR and Lavish Alice had been in talks about moving me over to Label to continue my work for Lavish but to work on other brands such as Rare London, Footasylum, Bosch and Transform Clinical Group. I can't even begin to describe my excitement when I was asked! Both companies have always worked quite closely together and I was always over at Label's offices with the PR and digital team so it was a non-brainer for me! Working side by side with an SEO Director and Manager, getting taught first hand new skills - erm YES PLEASE! So over the past few weeks I've slowly  left  moved offices to officially join the digital team at Label PR. (BIG SMILES)

A New Years resoultion I started back in 2013 which I was determine to conquer was my weight. I'd battled with fad diets for as long as I can remember and towards the end of last year I decided enough was enough! After following fashion and fitness bloggers such as Lydia Elise Millen (my ultimate girl crush) and Fanny Lyckman, I knew there was only one way. So I joined back at the gym and completely cleared my mind of any negative thoughts, along with my Eighty20 guide in hand I evaluated my lifestyle and eating habits and made some needed changes.
I had set myself clear goals and achievements, knowing I had a summer filled with festivals and bikinis I knew I wanted to feel more confident. Swapping toast at breakfast for organic 100% oats and soya milk, a sandwich and crisp at dinner for homemade soup with Ryvita and mid-afternoon biscuits for peanut butter oatcakes - I was soon on the right track. So I'm back, blogging about everything fashion and fitness with a few blogger tips and SEO techniques in-between I'm sure you'll all find useful.
Feel free to leave your questions below, I'll always answer as best I can.

Soph x
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© UK WOMEN'S FASHION, FITNESS AND LIFESTYLE BLOG | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig