HEALTHY EASY BREAKFAST RECIPE: HOMEMADE GRANOLA








As if my calendar isn’t full enough as it is, I also freelance in-between my full-time job, blog, gym, family and life – god knows how I find the time but somehow I do haha! But when you find the perfect project that brings together everything you love how can you say no? Fusing my love for fitness, outreach and marketing, I joined PROTIME back in September and I haven’t looked back. My most recent project is a series of healthy recipes, because you know how much I LOVE cooking!

Starting with breakfast, I’ve pulled together a series of recipes that I make regularly. After all progress is all in the preparation! Check out my first recipe, for this beautifully delicious Homemade Healthy Granola.

Prep time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 15 minutes
Total time:  40 minutes – including cool down
Portions: 6 x 30g servings

Ingredients:
3x Cup Rolled Oats
½ Cup Organic Agave Syrup
½ Cup Crushed Walnuts
½ Cup Raisins
½ Cup Chopped Dates
2x TBS Cinnamon
½ Cup Sunflower Seeds
3x TBS Chia Seeds
½ Cup Flaked Almonds

Utensils:
Large Mixing Bowl
Mixing Spoon
Measuring Cups
Greaseproof Baking Tray
Baking Paper
Tupperware Box

Start by lining a deep baking tray with greaseproof baking paper then pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees. Using the large mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients with the rolled oats – I usually do this my hand to ensure all the nuts and dried fruit are evenly distributed.

Next add in the agave syrup, stirring in small amounts at a time making sure all the mix is coated evenly. Now this is the messy part, by hand I like to rub the mixture together making sure everything is coated but not to stuck together.

Now spread the mix on to the deep baking tray we lined earlier, ensuring the mix is spread out so it doesn’t combine whilst baking. Pop into the oven for about 15-20 mins or until golden brown. Shake the tray every once or twice just to make sure everything stays separated.

Once the granola turns golden brown, remove from the open and place on a cooling rack until cold. Store in a cool dry storage cupboard in seal tight Tupperware for extra freshness, consume within two weeks.


Serve with almond or coconut milk and fresh berries for a super tasty, healthy breakfast!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© UK WOMEN'S FASHION, FITNESS AND LIFESTYLE BLOG | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig