PLACES TO EAT IN MANCHESTER: SHORYU RAMEN










Heading into Manchester City Centre for a bite to eat, we couldn’t wait to try out Shoryu Ramen in Piccadilly. As the sun was shining and everyone was sat outside in Piccadilly Gardens, it couldn’t of looked more picturesque. Picking a table inside so we could fully experience the venue, we opted for a seat by the window near the open kitchen so we could embrace the succulent scents flowing through.

Flicking through the menu, we opted for the Salt & Pepper Chicken Wings and BBQ Pork Buns, which consisted of char siu bbq pork belly and Japanese mayo, served with fresh cucumber and spring onion… My mouth is literally watering as I type this, reminiscing the taste – they were divine! The Salt & Pepper Chicken Wings were perfectly cooked, the deep fried chicken literally fell off the bone. Served with fresh lemon, the flavours complimented each other with each bite.

Now we couldn’t go to a Ramen restaurant and order anything other than Ramen, that would be like going to a cocktail bar and not ordering a cocktail! After much ‘umming and ahhing’ I went for the Kimchi Seefood Tonkotsu, complete with prawns, scallops and squid in a fiery kimchi both. Served with nori seaweed, half an nitamago burford brown egg, fried shallots, spring onion and kikurage mushrooms, the dish was a seafood delight! I’ve had seafood ramen before and found it slightly overpowering, but the Kimchi Seafood Tonkotsu was the perfect balance of both veg and seafood. Taking my noodles katamen hard, which added a slight crunch as the noodles continue to cook in the broth, I would definitely recommend this option if you prefer a fish based dish.

Desert is always how I rate a meal and the Matcha Chocolate Sundae makes this meal a 323210 out of 10. No jokes. I love matcha anyway, I usually have the tea at work as it’s so refreshing so when I spotted this on the menu I knew it was a bit of me. Served with chocolate sauce, matcha brownies and crunchy cornflakes sandwiched in the middle, the desert was finished with two chocolate covered twist sticks. No lie, this is one of the nicest deserts I’ve ever had and I’ll definitely be going back to Shoryu just for this!

The evening was made complete by the lovely Supervisor, Lisa who was super friendly and informative. You could tell she genuinely loved the meals as she gave recommendations on each course, chatting through her favourites and what’s most popular in case you were spoilt for choice like we were! 

If you’re into Ramen I would 100% recommend visiting Shoryu Ramen, I’m sure you won’t be disappointed!

1 Piccadilly
Manchester
M1 1RG

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© UK WOMEN'S FASHION, FITNESS AND LIFESTYLE BLOG | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig